Legacy Bike Trail

 The Trail occupies the tracks that were laid to serve the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus winter quarters (1911) and the Payne Terminal on Sarasota Bay plus numerous other businesses that came along. The first passenger train (SAL) arrived in Sarasota on December 1924. The last, 1971. The later 16 mile extension took the tracks to its southern point where in 1927 the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers built the Venice Depot. 

(See Info)